10.000 USD per hour - that’s insane! As a global keynote speaker Sonja meet clients who seem irritated when she shares the rate for a speech.
10K USD PER HOUR – SONJA SHARES INSIGHTS WHAT IT IS REALLY LIKE
10.000 USD per hour - that’s insane! As a global keynote speaker I sometimes meet clients who seem irritated when I first share the rate for a speech.
However the 10k per hour is not actually quite right...let’s look behind the scenes of a typical speaking gig
1) Every one of my speeches is custom developed to best meet the objective of the client. That takes days - but it guarantees maximum outcome and ROI for my clients.
2) Alignment meetings (personal, video, phone) take time - but are crucial for getting the massages right and ensuring maximum impact during that one hour on stage.
3) Flights, AV requirements, timings, info on key players, dress code...all needs sorting out.
4) Travel time...a simple one hour gig easily turns into a 3 day trip...
5) You can’t do a speech a day and in times like corona...most speakers are facing 80-100% cancellation rates - at zero pay.
6) Most importantly...it takes years of experience and practice to be able to play on the top and inspire thousands at a time.
Like the Bushman kid - when he kills his first Kudu he won’t be rewarded for a one hour hunt. He will be rewarded for a skill he refined over many many years!
Photo by Carolyn Strover during a recent Sonnenkind tour to Namibia